Skip to content
October 13, 2012 / Dale Melchin

Excuses: The Strawman Arguments Against Life change III

One of the things I run into in my job is people who refuse options.

Here is an example. Customer goes over data continually and incurs an overage.  I give customer options to increase data plan and instruct them to stop watching Netflix on their device, or they can switch to a non-data phone.

What happens is about 40% of the time is the customer will refuse my options.  The other 60% weigh carefully what I say and chose to follow my instructions.

The issue with the 40% is that they act like many of us in the general populace and fight reality, and so cut themselves off from their options.  We do this generally in the populace by engaging in acts of people pleasing, denying our authentic selves, or just generally being irresponsible and the fighting the mess we’ve gotten ourselves into.

The best thing to do when undertaking life change is to take responsibility for what has happened and then embrace the process that will take us from where we are to where we want to be.  Regardless of the pain we experience when “purging karma.”

Simple as that.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: